SWIMMING IS FUN
And our team will make sure it stays that way!
The SwemKids Way
SwemKids is nonprofit school-based program that teaches children introductory swimming lessons and water safety skills as a part of their school's curriculum. This model ensures that children are exposed to the water early and gain important life-saving skills to make sure they are safe while having fun!
Bring SwemKids To Your School
We partner with elementary and middle schools to host our programming and transport students to local pools for 8 days of swimming lessons and water safety instruction. Contact us today to bring our program to your school!
Lessons are currently held at CT Martin Natatorium, Martin Luther King Jr Recreation Center and Aquatics Center, and Washington Park Natatorium in Atlanta, Georgia. More locations coming soon.
We Our Partners
- parents/guardians will complete a survey about child's swimming history
- swimming instructors will assess students on 5 keys areas
- students will be introduced to and learn important aquatic milestones: breath control, submersion, floating and basic water movement techniques such as gliding, dog paddle and freestyle
- students will learn the history of swimming in their communities and the cultural events that have shaped how swimming is perceived
- students will learn rules of the pool and other water areas, introduction to CPR and First Aid
play & awards
- swimming is fun, so students will play and have fun water games and activities
- students will receive recognition for completion and post assessment for future lessons
Private & Group Swimming Lessons
Is SwemKids not in your school yet? If not, no worries, our instructors also offer private and group lessons at our location or at your home pool.
Want More Information?
Join the SwemTeam!
We are looking for super fun and exciting certified swimming and water safety instructors who love working with children and who are passionate about making sure every black child learns the freedom of swimming.
Send your resume and availability to us at firstname.lastname@example.org